Tuesday, September 2, 2014

August Wrap-Up








Hey guys!

So August was a pretty good reading month for me, considering the last week of August was when school started and things started to get a bit busy! I read seven books, and wrote reviews on most of them, so without further ado here they are, and a snip-bit of my thoughts!



 Cress

by Marissa Meyer

Oh man was this book good! I liked Cinder, the first book, thought Scarlet was even better, but loved Cress! All the characters together was so exciting and thought Cress' character annoyed me quite a bit in the beginning, she definitely grew on me!





Throne of Glass

by Sarah J. Maas

Review: Click here
This was definitely not the story I was expecting! I'm sort of happy I went into it with low expectations because I did enjoy it quite a bit. It was a bit hard to get into and lacked world building but was a really fun read and I can't wait to read the next book!             





The 5th Wave

by Rick Yancey

Review: Click here
Again, this was not what I was expecting! It was so much darker than I'd anticipated and I absolutely loved that part, but some parts were so slow-going that I actually fell asleep while reading a few times.. The end was definitely the best part!             




Storm

by Brigid Kemmerer

Review: Click here
Okay, this one is sort of hard to explain. It's your typical paranormal YA story, with some really cliche parts, but the overall plot is really interesting and when this book gets it right, it gets it right! I just wish it could've been like that all the way through! 




The Scorch Trials

by James Dashner

Review: Click here
This was a disappointment.. I enjoyed The Maze Runner and was eager to see where this story was going, but honestly, I'm not far off from where I was before this book, like it was the first book over again, without enough new material to justify a full book. 





Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

by J.K Rowling

What can I say? This is my favourite book in the entire series and reading it the third/fourth time around was just as fun! I absolutely love these characters and love seeing them grow up to be awesome people. Also, Hermione is bae.. that's all. 




Isla and the Happily Ever After

by Stephanie Perkins

Review: Click here
If you haven't read my review of this, please just read it! I didn't think this book was perfect, by any means, but I loved it! Honestly, if you're a fan of Perkins you'll like it, but the only was you'll really love it, is if you can truly relate to Isla's character. 


So yeah, those are all the books I read this month. What books did you guys read? Let's talk about them in the comments!



Thanks for reading guys, 
Slan!

No comments:

Post a Comment